For who? Stroke survivors
For what? Cardiac rehabilitation, mobility, functional movement
Rehabilitation and a positive mindset are critical to recovering from a stroke.
Strokes can vary in type and severity, and recovery from a stroke is difficult and often seems overwhelming. There are many stroke patients who incorporate KAATSU the original BFR in their rehabilitation.
Al is one example. The Southern Californian experienced a stroke in 1999 and he began KAATSU in June 2020 – and saw immediate improvement in his pain management and mobility.
These are the standard KAATSU protocols that he, his KAATSU Master Specialist Dave Carlson, and other stroke survivors follow:
- Only use the KAATSU Cycle mode. Do not use the KAATSU Constant mode.
- Use conservative (i.e., low) pressure in the beginning and at the start of each KAATSU Cycle session. This would be Low on the KAATSU Cycle 2.0, KAATSU C3, and KAATSU B1.
- Be able to put a single finger between the KAATSU Air Bands on your skin.
- Your skin should have a pink or red tone to it with your KAATSU Air Bands on; your skin should not appear blue, gray or white. The goal is to have blood engorged in your limbs; the goal is not to prevent blood from going into your limbs.
- Put your KAATSU Air Bands over your clothing.
- Be well hydrated before and during each KAATSU session.
- After you become accustomed to KAATSU over a period of 2-4 weeks, you can use KAATSU frequently (1-2 times per day) for optimal and quick improvement.
- Do 3-6 KAATSU Cycle sets per session. For example, you can do:
(a) 3-6 sets of the Low pressure, or
(b) 3-6 sets of Progressive KAATSU Cycle sets where you do a few sets on Low pressure, 1-2 sets on Medium pressure, and if you wish, then 1-2 sets on High pressure
- First, do KAATSU on your arms. Then, do KAATSU on your legs. But never wear the KAATSU Air Bands on both your arms and legs together.
- Do simple movements with your KAATSU Air Bands on your arms in the KAATSU Cycle mode (e.g., Hand Clenches, Biceps Curls, Triceps Extensions, Ball Squeezes, Holding and Writing with a Pen). Do not attempt push-ups or lift weights with your KAATSU Air Bands on your arms.
- Do simple movements with your KAATSU Air Bands on your legs in the KAATSU Cycle mode (e.g., Toe Curls, Toe Raises, Sitting Heel Raises, Standing Leg Curls, Quadriceps Contractions, Easy Walking). Do not attempt to lift or press weights with your KAATSU Air Bands on your legs.
- In the beginning, you can place the KAATSU Air Bands only on your affected limbs. That is, if your right arm is affected by the stroke, use the KAATSU Air Bands only on the right arm.
These protocols have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and its use should be evaluated by your own physician before use.